Hello dear friends,
After a long time, I am here again with a new article.
Today, I will try to explain in detail how to uninstall the TalkBack application on Samsung phones and install the Google TalkBack application instead.
Before starting the process, I want to draw your attention to following issues.
You need a computer to do these operations and you have to type some commands.
If you type any of these commands incorrectly or incompletely, you may end up removing a wrong module from your phone or even cause your phone to crash.
That’s why I recommend you to carefully examine the below codes before you start following the steps.
If you’re ready, let’s get started.
Steps to Uninstall Samsung TalkBack
First, we need to download the adb tools package on our computer.
Download adb tools from here.
After downloading the ZIP file, extract the file from the archive.
Now, connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
Note: If you are using Samsung TalkBack, I recommend you to switch to Commentary (Jieshuo) screen reader, since the Samsung TalkBack application will be removed after the actions you will take, so that you can do the operations easily without your phone losing speech.
After connecting the phone to the computer, follow the below steps respectively.
- open your phone’s settings app.
- Find and double tap on “About phone”.
- Double-tap on the software information, then the build number 7 times, you will hear the announcement that you are now a developer.
Thus, you activated the developer options.
- Return to Settings Main Page and tap on developer options item, the last option in settings.
- Find and activate the USB debugging option, a notification will appear on your phone’s screen after clicking ok.
- Click “Always allow this computer”.
If you encounter a problem, restart the phone and try reconnecting the phone to the PC.
Now we can proceed.
- Go into the adb folder that you downloaded and extracted from the zip.
Namely the folder where the adb files are.
- Press the F4 key to delete all the text in the address bar, type cmd and press Enter to run the command prompt.
- Type the following command and press enter to check if your device is connected.
If the device is connected, you will hear the device serial.
- Now type the following command:
- Now that you are in the adb Shell command area, you can now type the command to uninstall the app.
Type the following command and press enter key to uninstall Samsung TalkBack application:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.accessibility.TalkBack
When you type this command and press Enter, the Samsung TalkBack application is now completely removed, as you hear the announcement “Success”.
Now you can download Google TalkBack or Android accessibility Suite application from Play Store and activate it in accessibility settings.
Thanks for reading.